Our mission is not to denote the public or private school system. Our mission is to offer the time teachers today don't have, to detect the areas of non response in the child's learning behavior and teach/show them how they can be successful. We passionately believe the student is a many faceted diamond. Children who need extra help we call "diamonds in the rough."; hence our logo with the diamond. We have never met a child whom we didn't like and couldn't help. The crucial step is to get the help as soon as possible. Education is the building of information. To learn, it needs a firm foundation built with a structured order, using the past information to build the next level of learning.
Our mission is also strictly confidential. Information is only shared with parents and the student; with parents' permission and when appropriate, we will share information with the students' school.
PBLC provides a casual, fun loving environment with games, dogs and a purposeful, intent and highly structured individualized program, initiated to the student’s individual needs and strengths. Each student’s program is personalized for them in their particular area(s) of need. This is not a company with set programs. This is an individualized program, absolutely personalized to the student’s needs. No two programs are ever alike, just as no two students are alike. Parents report it is the most reasonably priced Learning Center in Lincoln.
Qualifications of Instructor:
1. Individualized assessment and training with a Master Degreed Education Professional
4. Current State of Nebraska Certified Professional Education Teacher
8. Past LPS, Reading Recovery, Title 1 and Special Skills Teacher.
Note: Be aware of other Learning Center’s words such as qualified, trained and certified.
Resumes are not written about how well we do in sports, but how well we do in academics.
The Beginning Process
1. We begin with a free consultation with parent(s) only. Parents are asked to bring any helpful information about the student, such as past papers, comments from teachers and report cards. Since this can be a negative meeting, we ask the student to not attend.
2. Areas of concern are discussed. The instructor will give you an approximate time it might take and cost. This free consultation is confidential and lasts about 45 minutes. Again, there is no charge.
3. If parent(s) are willing to proceed, testing of student, in the next few days, will begin. (At least two hours.)
4. The test results are written and discussed with parents only. A definite cost is given with a time frame and guarantee. Parents have the option to not proceed with the program, but pay for the testing only. (Approximately $100.00) Parents are given the test results and sent on their way.
5. Or an individualized program is designed and contracted. The student, parent and instructor chose a convenient time for instruction. This is generally three hours a week, broken into two or three sessions a week. Length of time depends on amount of growth to be achieved in the areas contracted and the age of the student. (Generally children eight and under can only work an hour at a time.) The duration of lessons can last from a total of six hours to 36 hours of instruction. Homework is expected to be supervised by a parent.
There is no aggressive sales of any program. PBLC recognizes there must be a definite effort and commitment from the student, parent and instructor for the program to be successful. This is one reason PBLC is still experiencing 100 % success. Yes, recommendations from past clients are easily available.
Please call 402-499-0588 for your free consultation or fill out the web site information below.